305. Is your country applying the ecosystem approach, taking into account
the principles and guidance contained in the annex to decision V/6?
b) under consideration Wa.
c) some aspects are being applied
d) substantially implemented Fl.
306. Is your country developing practical expressions of the ecosystem
approach for national policies and legislation and for implementation
activities, with adaptation to local, national, and regional conditions, in
particular in the context of activities developed within the thematic areas of
b) under consideration
c) some aspects are being applied X
d) substantially implemented
307. Is your country identifying case studies and implementing pilot
projects that demonstrate the ecosystem approach, and using workshops and
other mechanisms to enhance awareness and share experience?
a) no Wa.
b) case-studies identified
c) pilot projects underway Fl.
d) workshops planned/held
e) information available through CHM
308. Is your country strengthening capacities for implementation of the
ecosystem approach, and providing technical and financial support for
capacity-building to implement the ecosystem approach?
b) yes within the country X
c) yes including support to other Parties
309. Has your country promoted regional co-operation in applying the
ecosystem approach across national borders?
b) informal co-operation
c) formal co-operation (please give details) X
(309) The Walloon region has developed formal bilateral co-operation with
neighbouring countries, regarding the integrated management of transboundary
ecosystems, such as river ecosystems and protected areas.