Eligibility for the Capacity Building Project
Before jumping to the application form attached to this call for proposals
to "Individual and institutional capacity building in taxonomy and
collection management of zoological specimens" make sure that you or your
institution are eligible for this call. The questions below will provide you
with a quick answer to your or your institutions eligibility.
- Does your project address taxonomic and/or curatorial components?
- Does your project address priority taxonomic and/or curatorial key gaps
of your country or region?
- Does your project aim at building taxonomic and curatorial expertise?
- Are you a citizen of a developing country?
If you were able to answer yes to these four questions, you or your
institution are deemed to be eligible to receive financial support from the
Belgian Development Cooperation (DGDC), which through the Belgian Focal Point
for the Global Taxonomy Initiative, aims at, i.a., building taxonomic and
curatorial capacity in developing countries.
Please note that the present call for proposals does not:
- fund travelling to scientific conferences and meetings
- fund publication costs of scientific writings (inclusive of taxonomic
Before you download the application form, please read the GTI and the
project information on this site to better prepare your application.
The application form, in
can be downloaded from this site by clicking on the programme icon of your
> Cooperation > Partnership > GTI > Eligibility
Last updated 27-04-2005
© Belgian Clearing-House Mechanism, 2001.
On the Internet since 7 October 1996.